On Course Info
The Reef to Reef uses an advanced electronic timing system that provides all competitors with an accurate race time based on when they cross that Start and Finish lines. The timing chip will be attached to your race plate.
Diversions and Time Penalties
The Reef to Reef has been designed for riders of all abilities that are looking to challenge themselves. As a result our objective is to keep all riders in the event for as long as it is possible but without compromising the safety of other riders or members of the event team.
- Diversions – the Race Manager will monitor the pace of each group with an expectation that all riders can maintain a minimum speed of 10 – 12 kmh so that they can complete the course within the allotted time limit. Failure to do so will mean that riders, at the discretion of the Race Director, can be diverted onto a shorter route to the finish.
- Time Penalties – the Race Director has the ability to apply a time penalty to any rider that is found to have not complied with any of the following rules;
- Failing to dismount at a marked dismount point or comply with the road rules.
- Littering or careless disposal of items on course.
- Offensive language or antisocial behaviour that negatively impacts the ride experience of another competitor.
For stages 1, 2, & 3 you’ll be starting and finishing in the same place which makes it super easy to drive to and from each stage.
For stage 4, Sunday the 21 August the start and finish lines are at different locations. So, we are running a shuttle bus and bike transfer service* to get you to the start line at Vains Park, Mount Molloy.
Pick up point will be the corner of Garrick Street and Mowbray Street, Port Douglas.
- Reef to Reef - 6:00am, please arrive at 5:40am to load your bike.
- Triple R Short and Long Course 7:00am, please arrive at 6:40am to load your bike.
- If your unable to get onto the morning shuttle riders can opt for the afternoon service leaving Port Douglas at 3:00pm.
Stage 4 Shuttle Bus & Bike Transfer Service - $30.00 per rider.
PLEASE NOTE - Morning shuttles are now SOLD OUT. Seats still available for the 3pm shuttle back to the start line.
Bookings are compulsory and must be made before the 18 August as there’s limited capacity for these awesome services! Please book via your MyEvents or free call 1300 761 384.
*Whilst all care is taken by the bike transportation provider, no responsibility will be taken.
Pairs Seeding List
2022 Reef to Reef Pairs Start list can be found here, please be at the start line 15 minutes prior to Race Start for a 11:45am official race briefing.