This is the ultimate guide! Outlining everything you need to know for the event and the logistics.
Race Village Services
The Reef to Reef Race Village is located at the finish line of each stage and will contain everything you need post ride each day within easy reach, so you can relax, soak up the atmosphere, access bike mechanic services, bike wash, refuel and hang out with fellow riders.
Enjoy local flavours of the region, with food stalls, beer and entertainment; whilst cheering on other riders.
On Course Info
The Reef to Reef uses an advanced electronic timing system that provides all competitors with an accurate race time based on when they cross that Start and Finish lines. The seat post sticker contains a low frequency chip so it is important that this is applied and maintained as the instructions in your race pack.
Diversions and Time Penalties
The Reef to Reef has been designed for riders of all abilities that are looking to challenge themselves. As a result our objective is to keep all riders in the event for as long as it is possible but without compromising the safety of other riders or members of the event team.
- Diversions – the Race Manager will monitor the pace of each group with an expectation that all riders can maintain a minimum speed of 10 – 12 kmh so that they can complete the course within the allotted time limit. Failure to do so will mean that riders, at the discretion of the Race Director, can be diverted onto a shorter route to the finish.
- Time Penalties – the Race Director has the ability to apply a time penalty to any rider that is found to have not complied with any of the following rules;
- Failing to dismount at a marked dismount point or comply with the road rules.
- Littering or careless disposal of ties on course.
- Offensive language or antisocial behaviour that negatively impacts the ride experience of another competitor.
Get the most out of your Reef to Reef thanks to the coaching team at FTP Training.
Whether you’re keen to climb onto the podium or will be proud to roll over the finish line, their 12 week programs are designed to help you conquer the course.
Enter Reef to Reef MTB before midnight Sunday 20th May 2018 to receive a 12 week FTP program worth $79 for free or to redeem a $79 discount off their Bronze and Silver training programs.
We’ll send you a link to register for your FTP training package as soon as it becomes available. Keep an eye out for that in your inbox!
Enter now so you too can be ready for Reef to Reef MTB this August!