The pair event sees teams of two ride in the same cycling jersey, staying no more than two minutes apart throughout the four days of riding. Pairs MTB racing is fast growing in popularity on the global mountain bike scene and has added a whole new dynamic to the sport. It provides riders with the chance to race not against, but with a mate, or family member.
The comradery and team dynamics of working together through your Reef to Reef MTB challenge, whether you are there to win, or just participate, will bring a whole new dimension to your experience.
As an entrant into Reef to Reef, you also have the unique opportunity to purchase an entry through a draw for yourself and a partner. Five pair entries for the 2020 Absa Cape Epic have been set-aside exclusively for 2019 Reef to Reef riders.
Check out the Cape Epic Qualification page for more info.
Pair Entry Categories
Reef to Reef has eight different pair race categories where you ride in teams of two.
Your category is based on your age as at 31 December 2019. The age of the youngest team rider determines the race category:
- Male Pair: Both riders are Male 15years - 39years
- Female Pair: Both riders are Female 15years - 39years
- Mixed Pair: One rider is Male and one rider is Female 15years - 39years
- Masters Male Pair: Both riders are Male 40years - 49years
- Masters Female Pair: Both riders are Female 40years+
- Masters Mixed Pair: One rider is Male and one rider is Female 40years+
- Grand Masters Male Pair: Both riders are Male 50years - 59years
- Great Grand Masters Male Pair: Both riders are Male 60 years+
Minimum age is 15 years as at 8 August 2019.
The Rider badge is available to any rider taking part in Reef to Reef. It can be used on any merchandise including rider kit or on your social media feed.
Download the Rider Badge PDF (perfect for your rider kit)
Download the Rider Badge PNG (for you to share on social media)
PLEASE NOTE, the right to use the official Reef to Reef logo is reserved for sponsors and partners of the event only and may not be used by individuals or non sponsors in any way.