Absa Cape Epic Qualification
2021 ABSA Cape Epic
A number of entries for the 2021 Absa Cape Epic have been set-aside exclusively for 2020 Reef to Reef pairs.
You have an opportunity to purchase an entry through a draw.
About the Absa Cape Epic
The Absa Cape Epic is held over 8 days in March every year, covering approximately 700 kilometres with 15,000m of climbing in South Africa’s Western Cape.
Every year, the early bird entries sell out faster than you can say ‘Indwa’ (the Zulu name for South Africa’s national bird, the Blue Crane). But, as an entrant in the Reef to Reef, you have the unique opportunity to purchase an entry through a draw for yourself and your partner.
What you have to do
To qualify for one of the entry slots, you will need to register your interest on your Active registration form prior to the race (only available to pair riders). If you forgot to tick that box and would like to register your interest you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at Information at the event.
Need more time to consider the challenge? You can still sign up at the event by seeing the crew at Information until the completion of stage 3.
Watch the Video
View the Pair Race Rules here. To be eligible to race 2021 Absa Cape Epic you must be 18 years of age as at 7 August 2020.
A number of entries will be allocated to the 2021 Absa Cape Epic through two ways; Wildcard Entry and Draw Allocation.
Overall Men & Overall Women - Wildcard Entry
The overall men’s and women’s winning pairs qualify for a guaranteed wildcard entry into the Absa Cape Epic. This must be requested via the Absa Cape Epic wildcard system within 7 days of winning the Reef to Reef
Any professional UCI registered rider may apply via the Absa Cape Epic wildcard system, but entries are offered at the sole discretion of the Absa Cape Epic organisers.
The Draw Allocation provides the opportunity to purchase one of the guaranteed 2021 Absa Cape Epic entries. These will be drawn at Stage 4 Reef to Reef final awards presentation.
- Draw Allocation is eligible to Reef to Reef 4-day Pairs riders only. (i.e. excludes Reef to Reef Solo and Triple R riders)
- The Draw Allocation slots are per individual within a 2-person team. The individual is free to choose any partner, i.e. it is not necessary that his/her partner participated in Reef to Reef
- Riders must register their interest during the online registration process or from your MyEvents account in active.com at a later date. A $10 AUD fee to register your interest will be charged which will be donated to Qhubeka one of the Absa Cape Epic official charity partners
- Riders must be present at the final awards on Sunday 10 August 2020, Port Douglas Surf Club, Port Douglas
- Should a rider decide not to take up the entry or not be present at the final awards ceremony, the entry will be re-drawn at the time of the awards ceremony
- An immediate non-refundable deposit of $1000 USD per guaranteed entry must be made on Sunday 10 August 2020. Deposit will be taken in AUD at the current conversion rate that day. Credit card only, no cash will be accepted
- The remaining balance of the 2020 Absa Cape Epic team entry fee is due by Sunday 4 September 2020 (4 weeks) via online credit card payment. 2021 Absa Cape Epic total entry fee will be released shortly (VAT inc). Riders will be emailed details on how to complete the payment.
All entries are for the 2021 Absa Cape Epic and cannot be transferred to another year. Once payment has been received, the standard Absa Cape Epic cancellation policy applies.